The ability to have user records between different platforms align is important to maintaining efficiency in data reporting and analysis. Uploading records with unique user IDs from your CRM ahead of time will help ensure this is possible, and the steps below illustrate how to successfully do this.
1. Create a CSV with all of your alumni and students (if applicable for your community) that follows the following format: first_name,last_name,primary_email,class_year,custom_id
2. Log into your Switchboard.
3. Click on the “Admin” tab in the upper right corner of the main page, hover your mouse cursor over the “Members” option, and click on the “Constituent Files” option from the additional menu.
4. Click the “Choose File” button in the middle of the page and select your CSV that you made in Step 1.
5. Click the blue “Upload Constituent File” button to upload the CSV into the Switchboard.
6. Our system will automatically assign the unique IDs to users if they use credentials that match the information in the preloaded CSV when they sign up, but if new users sign up with information that doesn’t exactly match the preloaded CSV information (e.g. a new user signs up with a different email than what was in the preloaded CSV), we will send an automatic email to the administrator that uploaded the CSV as an alert of a possible match and to verify the user; unverified users will not be able to perform any actions on the Switchboard until they have been approved. If a possible match is verified, then the unique ID will be automatically assigned to that user and nothing more is needed to be done. Outside of this automatic system, all administrators with “Steward” privileges can also go directly into the Member Directory and complete the input of a unique ID by clicking the “Edit” button or verify a match outside of the automatic emails in the “Custom ID” column by clicking the “Confirm Match button,” shown below.
If any issues arise in this process or there are any questions, please reach out to Tina Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org.